The Hermitage Celebrates American Founding Father, Alexander Hamilton with a special Alexander Hamilton History Package
America’s founding father and first Secretary of the Treasury, Alexander Hamilton, was born right here in Nevis. As the oldest wooden house in the Caribbean, dating back to the early 1600s, and with a strong connection with literature and the arts having welcomed many notables over the years, we couldn’t be more proud to celebrate the extraordinary success of the Broadway hit musical “Hamilton” and the renewed interest in our native son with a special package that allows our guests to enjoy an authentic Caribbean vacation with an historic influence. Our guests will experience sights, smells, tastes and other influences that shaped the young Hamilton. We’ll show you his birthplace, the village where his mother lived, the public square where he would have seen slave trading occur and the beach he would have swum in as a boy.
The Hermitage was almost a hundred years old by the time Hamilton was born. The owners were a very welcoming family, Hamilton and his mother might have visited in his youth – we are near to the home of Hamilton’s grandparents.
Come share our passion for history and our love for this musical as we finally ensure that this Founding Father’s story gets told.
The Alexander Hamilton History Package
Available April 1 to December 1, 2017
• Five nights’ accommodation for two
• Welcome Rum Punch for two
• Daily country breakfast for two at Hermitage
• Complementary first night dinner for two at Hermitage
• Transfers between the airport in St Kitts or Nevis and Hermitage
• Specially curated Island tour including a stop in Charlestown, at Hamilton House, Hamilton’s birthplace and the Museum of Nevis History
• A copy of the newly published book of the musical “Hamilton”
• A donation on your behalf to the Graham Wyndham Foundation, the orphanage founded by Hamilton’s widow, Eliza
Five Night Package price: US$1,775 based on double occupancy, exclusive of taxes
Children under 12 are welcome to participate in this package with no additional accommodation charge*.
A daily charge of US$35 per child will include daily breakfast and child-friendly dinner each evening.
(*Maximum number of children allowed based on cottage availability.)
Don’t throw away your shot to spend a very special holiday in historic Nevis!